The Institut d’Optique aims to bring together in one single institution all activities related to photonics: research, higher education and training, innovation, business creation, consulting and technology transfer.
The missions of the Institut d’Optique have been defined from the creation in the by-laws and they are still relevant. The strength of the Institut is the proximity of research, innovation and training missions, united in a virtuous circle.
- Light, from nanoscience to space and from atom to lasers
- State-of-the-art education in line with the industry needs
- Cross-national presence in synergy with research and local industry
- Innovation: research, teaching approaches, FabLab, entrepreneurship center, patents, technology transfer
- Practical skills on a foundation of fundamental knowledge
- International outreach through dual degree courses, internships abroad, and international recruitment of students, teachers and researchers